- Candidates will first submit their applications to their University (deadlines will be followed internally) along with the appropriate documents . The University will select the best candidate as well as one or more alternates and will notify the winners. They must inform the Program Search Committee of their ranking by email at: SiteInternshipProgram@dickinson.edu.
- The selected candidates will then post their complete applications by March 31st, 2013 electronically through this site: https://jobs.dickinson.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/frameset/Frameset.jsp?time=1361806663156
- The SITE Program Search Committee will create a ranking of all nominated candidates and begin student and school placement. The placement system is based on the original selection criteria, serving to find the best match for both the Lombardy scholastic institutions and the candidates. In the placement procedure several factors will be considered: Lombardy schools' needs, length of program term applied for, applicant field of study. The placement of nominated candidates will be announced by May 6th, 2013.
- Candidates need to announce acceptance of program placement by May 13th, 2013. In case of a candidate renouncement, the next candidate in the ranking may be chosen as a replacement. The new selected candidate then has one week after notification to accept or refuse this position. Once they have accepted, candidates are bounded to the program. Late renouncement is permitted only in exceptional circumstances. In case of renouncement at any time of the selection process, candidates must notify immediately their College or University Professors in order to facilitate the replacement process.
- The SITE program coordinators will inform confirmed candidates about the procedure for obtaining a visa, subject to the directions of the Lombardy Region and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, which will be given in date TBA.
- Students from institutions non partcipating in the SITE program are also encouraged to apply. If the number of fellowships exceeds the number of applicants from participating institutions, their applications will be considered.
The candidates will need to submit the following documents for consideration.
- Application Form, available below
- Cover letter to accompany all the materials, stating: motivation, interest in the program, and a self-introduction (500-700 words)
- Letter of recommendation from a professor. Please use the form provided below
- Unofficial Transcript of university grades from the most recent term of study.
- 500-word essay, in Italian, on the following topic:
“Immagina di insegnare in una delle scuole superiori della Lombardia: in quale classe vorresti insegnare? Che cosa ti piacerebbe insegnare? Illustra una lezione-tipo, concentrandoti specialmente su contenuti, metodi, e motivazioni della tua lezione.” (PLEASE NOTE: A high level of proficiency in Italian language and culture gives preference to those candidates.)
In the case that the number of candidates presented by the universities is higher than the fellowships offered by the Network of Autonomous Schools of Lombardy, the remaining candidates will be placed on a waiting list. The candidates of this list can then be nominated if additional positions are offered later in the semester, or in case of renouncements.