- A cumulative GPA of 3.25 is required for program consideration.
- Motivation and character of the applicant are crucial. The candidate must have excellent communication skills, flexibility, independence, self-training and self-study skills, and willingness and ability to step out of her/his comfort zone.
- Prior teaching experience to non-native speakers (preferably experience teaching English to ESL students).
- Status as an Italian major or minor graduating between February 2011 and June 2013, or status as M.A or Ph.D. student specializing in Italian language and culture are preferred. In absence of such (preferred) requisites, completion of at least 3 semesters of University level Italian and a minimum of B grade in the course is required. If not the case, proof of the equivalent proficiency and knowledge of Italian will be considered at the discretion of the selecting
institution and the Program coordinators.
- Experience studying or working abroad, or participation in cross-cultural activities in North America.
- In the case of a candidate who has a GPA that does not meet the 3.25 requirement, or who does not fulfill the above listed preferred criteria, the university may still proceed forward with candidate selection provided the quality of the applicant is demonstrated as notwithstanding, ideal for the internship. In any case, the SITE Program Coordinators reserve the right to reject candidates who do not meet program criteria.