The SITE Program is in the process of migrating to a brand new exciting web site!
All updated information for SITE 2016-2017 are posted on our new home: http://siteprogram.wix.com/site
Grazie! The SITE Program
- A cumulative GPA of 3.25 is required for program consideration.
- Motivation and character of the applicant are crucial. The candidate must have excellent communication skills, flexibility, independence, self-training and self-study skills, and willingness and ability to step out of her/his comfort zone.
- Prior teaching experience to non-native speakers (preferably experience teaching English to ESL students).
- Status as B.A. student (Italian major or minor preferred), or status as recently graduated student ( within the past 18 months at the moment of application, therefore graduated in or after November 2014) or status as M.A or Ph.D. student specializing in Italian language and culture. In absence of such (preferred) requisites, completion of at least 3 semesters of University level Italian and a minimum of B grade in the course is required. If not the case, proof of the equivalent proficiency and knowledge of Italian will be considered at the discretion of the selecting institution and the Program coordinators.
- Experience studying or working abroad, or participation in cross-cultural activities in North America.
- In the case of a candidate who has a GPA that does not meet the 3.25 requirement, or who does not fulfill the above listed preferred criteria, the university may still proceed forward with candidate selection provided the quality of the applicant is demonstrated as notwithstanding, ideal for the internship. In any case, the SITE Program Coordinators reserve the right to reject candidates who do not meet program criteria.
with "Other than US" or "Double Citizenship with the US":
candidate must have a native or near native fluency in English and must hold
both a High School Degree and a Bachelor's Degree from a North American
institution. If in doubt, please contact the SITE Program at firstname.lastname@example.org;
special cases will be taken under consideration